Pansies and violas are my favorite flowers. I also love roses, because who doesn’t? And lots of other flowers, too.
I mainly used a Polychromos colored pencil in helioblue-reddish and a couple of neighboring blues besides, and my trusty red 3×5″ Handbook sketch book. More and more, I start to wonder if colored pencil is really my medium. I’m in love with watercolor still, but what a steep learning curve. I’m finding sketching in colored pencil almost always brings satisfaction, whereas I’m very lucky if I’m satisfied with a watercolor painting.
More things I learned:
- It’s silly to detail draw the back petal and forget all about detail with the whiskers in the front.
- Need more depth in the front petal, getting the angle of the whiskers right would help increase it.
- I will probably have to draw many pansies before I will be really happy with any of them, but that’s ok because
- I could draw pansies all day, and be perfectly happy.
- It is a lot harder to write haiku than I thought.
Hub came up with the perfect idea for the letter Q. Next time around, it’ll probably be tougher, but I’ve got it covered this time. I hope you’ll stop in for another visit and see it. Hint: It’s alive! It’s alive! *cue the evil laugh*