Well, lots of lessons, from my July-make-a-watercolor-painting-every-day experiment:
- Don’t be tied too much to a particular end result.
- Sit down to paint with expectation and wonder.
- Pray for happy accidents. They are almost always better than whatever you planned (as in this case).
- Sitting down to paint when tired/stressed will not usually bring about a painting I’ll be happy with later.
- Before you throw in the towel, run the painting under the kitchen faucet (as in this case).
- Your mood will flow into and through the painting, along with the water. This may be true in every medium, but most definitely (for me, at least) in watercolor.
- Enjoy and have fun with it. And it will have fun with you!
That’s pretty much all I have to say about that. Happy Friday, and I hope YOU dance this weekend!